ImageTexture maps a 2D-image file onto a geometric shape. Texture maps have a 2D coordinate system (s, t) horizontal and vertical, with (s, t) values in range [0.0, 1.0] for opposite corners of the image.
The ImageTexture node belongs to the Texturing component and its container field is texture. It is available since X3D version 3.0 or later.
SFNode [in, out] metadata NULL [X3DMetadataObject]
Metadata are not part of the X3D world and not interpreted by the X3D browser, but they can be accessed via the ECMAScript interface.
MFString [in, out] url [ ] [URI]
Location and filename of image. Multiple locations are more reliable, and including a Web address lets e-mail attachments work.
MFString arrays can have multiple values, so separate each individual string by quote marks "http://www.web3d.org" "http://www.web3d.org/about" "etc." XML encoding for quotation mark " is " (which is called a character entity). Can replace embedded blank(s) in url queries with %20 for each blank character.
Strictly match directory and filename capitalization for http links! This is important for portability. Some operating systems are forgiving of capitalization mismatches, but http/https and other operating systems are not.
SFBool [ ] repeatS TRUE
Whether to horizontally repeat texture along S axis.
SFBool [ ] repeatT TRUE
Whether to vertically repeat texture along T axis.
SFNode [ ] textureProperties NULL [TextureProperties]
- Can contain a single TextureProperties node.
- Insert Shape and Appearance nodes before adding texture.
- Authors can provide multiple image formats for the same image, with each source address listed separately in the url field.
- Player support is required for .png and .jpg formats, support is suggested for .gif format. Other image formats are optionally supported.
- Bright Material emissiveColor values can wash out some textures.
- See ComposedCubeMapTexture and TextureBackground for special containerField values.